🦹 About Anon
Anon — The Developer Toolkit for Multiplayer Identity
Anon.com creates a trust-minimizing way for developers to act on behalf of users, enabling automation where it was previously impossible. We call this ‘delegated authentication’.
The old internet was hindered by a lack of composability. The absence of robust APIs for standard online user activities meant there was no connective “glue” to weave automation into the fabric of internet use.
This will create a revolution of automation, bolstered by AI, that will transform the internet into an internet of action — moving from “you should do x” to “let us do x for you” — with Anon serving as a core identity primitive.
A rapidly-growing team built by experienced founders
The Anon team is composed of serial entrepreneurs who have raised >$100mm for past businesses. Anon is funded by top VCs. We are early-stage but growing quickly.
As a team, we are low ego — everyone works in the trenches, especially on unglamorous, customer-facing tasks. We are also driven — we work hard and ship fast, launching products in days or weeks, not months.
If you’re looking to build core infrastructure for the future of the internet, and you’re chill and talented and humble, we would love to speak with you.
👩💻/🧑💻 Role Outline
- You’ll be collaborating with the founding team to refine technical designs and transform product designs into production software that delights our customers.
- You’ll be creating an SDK and infrastructure for a delegated authentication platform used by our internal team, open source developers, and customers.
- You’ll help define engineering culture, instill best practices, and bring the product to life.
- Experience developing SDKs, including documentation, static site support, versioned APIs, and release management.
- Experience with infrastructure management, including secure token storage, Kubernetes, microservice architecture, and CI/CD.
- Proficiency in backend service development with at least one of the following — Rust, Go, Python, and/or Typescript (NodeJS, Deno).
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization, such as OAuth2, OpenID Connect, MFA, and cloud provider IAM.
- Knowledge of team development processes and tools, including issue tracking, observability tooling, and on-call response.
- Good written and oral communication. You’ll be interviewing our developer customers, speaking with team members in standup and planning sessions, and writing clear and concise developer documentation.
“Bonus Points” Experience
- Familiarity with browser automation tools like Playwright, Puppeteer, or Selenium, and testing frameworks like Cypress and Vite.
- Experience building real-time streaming systems using technologies such as WebRTC.
- Experience with Open Policy Agent and permissions policy models.
- You’ve been the technical co-founder or founding engineer at another software company.
📥 Click here to apply today if this opportunity sounds exciting!
Also, if you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 336.331.2086.
- Typescript (near-requirement)
- Python (strong)
- Rust (desired)
- Go (preferred)
- Swift / Kotlin (desired)